Christians are called to "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18). This is a call to discipleship; a whole-person commitment to expand and deepen one's faith, learning to live through the power of Jesus' gospel. Whether you're taking your first steps on this journey, or are looking for fresh resources, this page will highlight content that will encourage and challenge you to grow in your capacity to love God heart, soul, mind, and strength, and love your neighbour as yourself.
General (a little bit of everything)
- RightNowMedia ~ Online, on demand video resources for individuals, couples and families. Email jeff (at) nelsoncovenant.com for login and password info.
- Christian Bible Studies ~ 1000's of Bible studies for individuals and groups.
Heart (cultivating godly relationships)
- Parenting blog (Today's Christian Woman) ~ Articles on Christian parenting.
- Parenting blog (Crosswalk) ~ Articles on Christian parenting at all stages of life.
- Marriage365.org ~ Resources to help you thrive within your marriage.
- Fierce Marriage (blog) ~ Resources for cultivating a vibrant, passionate marriage.
- Simple Marriage (blog) ~ Practical help for building into your marriage.
Soul (cultivating a rich worship and prayer life)
- The Navigators Prayer Resource Page ~ A list of articles and studies that will help you develop and strengthen your prayer life.
- Teach Us to Pray (Desiring God) ~ Articles, guides, and sermons on prayer.
- 24/7 Prayer Canada ~ A website offering many ideas and resources on prayer for individuals and groups.
Mind (deepening biblical knowledge and its application for everyday life)
- Bible.org ~ This site houses an expansive array of articles, organized by both topic and by book of the Bible.
- Biblestudytools ~ Bibles, commentaries, words studies and more.
- The Bible Project (YouTube Channel) ~ Videos that walk through the story of the Bible, providing an overview of the Bible's books and their major themes.
- That the World May Know ~ Resources to help you understand the Bible in its historical and cultural context.
- BiblicalTraining.org ~ Provides free, comprehensive, biblical courses for all people.
Strength (learning to serve and give generously)
- Spiritual Gifts Test ~ A free online assessment you can use to discover how God has gifted you to serve within his church.
- 7 Free Online Budgeting Tools ~ Free resources to help you faithfully manage the wealth that has been entrusted to you.
- SeedTime ~ A Christian personal finance blog designed to help you better manage your money, pay off debt, save more, and have more to give!