Please Note: While current COVID-19 restrictions are in place, we are not gathering for in-person worship services. However, we will continue to livestream our Sunday 9am services on our church's Facebook page.
Our Sunday Morning COVID-19 Safety plan
When we resume in-person services, we will be holding two smaller services with a maximum of 30 attendees at each service.
Our service times will be 9:00am & 10:30am, respectively. Each service will last approximately 45 minutes and both services will be identical.
When we resume in-person services, we anticipate the following protocols will need to be observed by those wishing to attend and participate in a Sunday morning worship gather.
- You must register online here for a service time you plan to attend. This will allow us to ensure we do not exceed maximum attendance at any one service.
- However, please stay home if you or someone in your household is sick with cold or flu-like symptoms. While in attendance, please respectfully adhere to the current emphasis on physical distancing. No handshakes or hugs.
- While in attendance, a face covering must be worn by everyone over the age of 12.
- While in attendance, please be conscientious to maintain physical distancing around others. The risk of person-to-person transmission increases the closer you come to other people, the more time you spend near them, and the more people you come near.
- There will be no Sunday School or Nursery offered during this phase of re-gathering. Children must be able to stay with parents before, during and after the service.
Before You Come to Church
- If you're not comfortable gathering at this time—for any reason— we respect and honour that decision. We believe that choosing to stay home to protect yourself or a loved one is a sign of love, not a sign of fear or faithlessness. Many within our church will decide to be care-full and err on the side of prudence, and our leadership wants to affirm those who choose to express love-of-neighbour in this way.
You must not attend if you or a member of your household are sick. A person with COVID-19 is infectious 48 hours prior to onset of symptoms to 10 days after onset of symptoms. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills
- Loss of sense of smell or tasteDifficulty breathing
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetiteExtreme fatigue or tiredness
- Extreme fatigue or tirednessHeadache
- HeadacheBody aches
- Body achesNausea or vomiting
- Nausea or vomitingDiarrhea
IF YOU OR A HOUSEHOLD MEMBER HAVE ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM JOINING US IN PERSON AND JOIN US ONLINE.
AFTER EXPERIENCING ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ATTENDING AN IN-PERSON SERVICE FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS. .
When You Arrive at Church
- All participants over the age of 12 must wear a face covering.
- A participant, other than a worship leader or a soloist, must not sing or chant.
- All three entryways will be open when you arrive (one off Stanley St. and two off of Silica), and will remain open for the duration of the service to promote airflow. Please be mindful of physical distancing when entering the building, and please proceed directly to the sanctuary and take your seat.
- The basement and upper level of the church will be sectioned off and inaccessible.
- Before each service, our cleaning team will do a preparatory cleaning, disinfecting common touch points such as door handles, stair rails, bathroom sink handles, chairs, etc.
- Avoid handshakes, hugs and sharing items outside of family groupings. We encourage lots of waves and smiles!
- Our sanctuary has been arranged so that physical distancing can be maintained. There are chairs arranged in rowed clusters of 2. If your family/cohort need more chairs, you can collapse the row side-to-side (but not front-to-back) and still maintain physical distancing. New/more chairs cannot be added to the sanctuary space.
- Please respect people’s differing levels of concern. Err on the side of caution so as not to add undue stress to someone who may already feel apprehensive about coming.
- Please sanitize hands as you arrive. An automatic hand sanitizer station will be at each entrance and in the main foyer space. If you are unable to use hand sanitizer, please proceed to the washroom and wash your hands with soap and water for minimum of 20 seconds.
- Try not to crowd the foyer space after the service. We encourage you to connect outside after the service for a chat in the sunshine!
- We will be requesting people leave the facility entirely approximately 15 minutes after the conclusion of the 9am service so that our cleaning team is able to complete a preparatory cleaning in advance of the 11am service (i.e. disinfecting common touch points such as door handles, stair rails, bathroom sink handles, chairs, etc.).
- Please sit with your household or cohort group and keep at least 6ft between other families/cohort groups.
- Offering: there will be no offering plate passed during the service. We encourage you to give online (www.nelsoncovenant.com/giving), and we will also have a small box near the sound booth that is available to place your offering into before you enter the sanctuary or as you leave.
- Children must sit with their family throughout the service (approximately 45 minutes long). We will not be having Sunday school or providing nursery care at this time.
- If you attend the first service, please exit the building within 15 minutes to allow for cleaning and transition to the next service. You may use any of the entryways to exit our building, but please be mindful to keep physical distancing between yourself and others who are seeking to exit the building.
- We won’t be serving coffee or any food items at this time.
- Socializing and connecting with each other can be done outside while respecting physical distancing.